Skip to main content
"I am going to be a discordant voice and what I am going to say is not meant to provoke or be contemptuous to nobody. I don't pretend to hold the absolute truth. I just would like to advance a different perspective as most of what I have seen or read on this platform in the last few days seem to be very Eurocentric (or at least influenced by a Eurocentric imaginary) and somehow reformist. 
Most people were saying that both options (Remain and Brexit) are bad but we need to go for the least worst for different reasons (including tactics). For me, both options are not only shit but a horror and I cannot be asked to adopt a lesser-evil mentality to choose between the two because I strongly believe that this attitude won't advance the struggle of emancipation of humanity. In the contrary, it always legitimises bourgeois elections (fought on reactionary terms for the interests of the ruling class, not the downtrodden and the oppressed) and ends up breathing new life to the capitalist imperialist system that we pretend to fight.

Both choices: Britain (on its own) or Britain inside the EU represent the imperialist system that is oppressing my own people in the Global South and plundering their wealth and resources. Those who say, we need to remain in the EU in order to reform it or to fight together are deluded in my view. We cannot reform IMPERIALISM, we overthrow it. Sticking with the lesser evil mentality (by invoking tactics reasons) is not serious if we are truly committed about radical transformation and revolutionary change.
I truly hope that the EU project will disintegrate. Call it nihilism or call what you want. May be then, we can start thinking seriously about a revolutionary alternative that will place the oppressed in the Global South at the heart of our strategies and tactics. Then we can be decolonial!
In Solidarity." — Hamza Hamouchen.

Comments